Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where we list top bookish things.
- In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters: I can not even believe this book was a debut novel! It just stunned me by how wonderfully written it was! It’s one of those books that could prove to any hater that YA def. has some gems!
- Crewel by Gennifer Albin: Holy mother of giraffe balls! That is all.
- The Last Bastion of the Living by Rhiannon Frater: This was just insanely awesome and unique and brilliant! And this reminds me I have yet to read the companion novel she recently released *slaps self*
- This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers: This is the first book I read by Summers and have since read and loved all her others, too. She’s just that kind of author who was born to write (I want to add “for me” :P)!
- Cress by M
:This whole series is fantastic, but this 3rd one is my favorite of all (we’ll see if Winter one-ups it). The story is exciting and very well thought out, but the character building is what I praise the most!
- Sins & Needles by Karina Halle: This book made me a forever-fan of this author. It’s the kind of (rare for me) read where you think about the story and characters constantly even when you’re not reading it, as if they were really living.
- Vicious by V.E. Schwab: The writing in this book is what makes it stand out from all the others in its genre. It’s addicting and dark and twisted and I just loved it!
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake: While I was a big fan of book 1, this sequel was in another level completely for me. This is the book I often think about when the talk of endings come up. I found this ending to be so perfectly executed for what this story is meant to be!
- Siege by Rhiannon Frater: This series and I made babies.
- Sunrise by Mike Mullin: This is another of my favorite endings in a series ever. This whole story, from book 1, was just so intense, yet paced in a way that really made you fall in love with the characters.