Series: The Program #0.5
Genre: Dystopia, YA
Publication date: April 21st 2015
by Simon Pulse
In a world before The Program…
Quinlan McKee is a closer. Since the age of seven, Quinn has held the responsibility of providing closure to grieving families with a special skill—she can “become” anyone.
Recommended by grief counselors, Quinn is hired by families to take on the short-term role of a deceased loved one between the ages of fifteen and twenty. She’s not an exact copy, of course, but she wears their clothes and changes her hair, studies them through pictures and videos, and soon, Quinn can act like them, smell like them, and be them for all intents and purposes. But to do her job successfully, she can’t get attached.
Now seventeen, Quinn is deft at recreating herself, sometimes confusing her own past with those of the people she’s portrayed. When she’s given her longest assignment, playing the role of Catalina Barnes, Quinn begins to bond with the deceased girl’s boyfriend. But that’s only the beginning of the complications, especially when Quinn finds out the truth about Catalina’s death. And the epidemic it could start.
Thanks to the lovely people at Simon & Schuster, I’ve got a copy of The Remedy up for giveaway today! This novel is the first in a new series set in a world before The Program that has just released last week!
Simon & Schuster has generously offered up a THE WORLD BEFORE THE PROGRAM prize pack:
–a copy of The Remedy
–plus Suzanne Young’s series The Program and The Treatment.
- Open to US and Canadian addresses only
- Giveaway ends May 11th, 2015
- Prizing & samples courtesy of Simon & Schuster
- Full contest terms and conditions found on Rafflecopter
Latest posts by Giselle (see all)
- Fresh Batch (August 25th – 31st) - August 24, 2019
- Fresh Batch (July 28th – August 3rd) - July 27, 2019
- Fresh Batch (July 21st – 27th) - July 20, 2019
- Review: House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig - July 16, 2019