Fresh Batch, posted weekly, keeps you up to date on the hottest releases of the upcoming week.
Flavor of the week:
Publication date: August 22nd 2017
by Dial Books
Molly Mavity is not a normal teenage girl. For one thing, her father is a convicted murderer, and his execution date is fast approaching. For another, Molly refuses to believe that her mother is dead, and she waits for the day when they’ll be reunited . . . despite all evidence that this will never happen.
Pepper Yusef is not your average teenage boy. A Kuwaiti immigrant with epilepsy, serious girl problems, and the most useless seizure dog in existence, he has to write a series of essays over the summer . . . or fail out of school.
And Ava Dreyman—the brave and beautiful East German resistance fighter whose murder at seventeen led to the destruction of the Berlin Wall—is unlike anyone you’ve met before.
When Molly gets a package leading her to Pepper, they’re tasked with solving a decades-old mystery: find out who killed Ava, back in 1989. Using Ava’s diary for clues, Molly and Pepper realize there’s more to her life—and death—than meets the eye. Someone is lying to them. And someone out there is guiding them along, desperate for answers.
Other releases this week:
* In no particular order *
– Dress Codes for Small Towns by Courtney C. Stevens [Purchase]
– The Tiger’s Watch (Ashes of Gold #1) by Julia Ember [Purchase]
– The Dire King (Jackaby #4) by William Ritter [Purchase]
– After the Game (The Field Party #3) by Abbi Glines [Purchase]
– Mr. 60% by Clete Barrett Smith [Purchase]
– Thin Places by Lesley Choyce [Purchase]
– Wings Unseen by Rebecca Gomez Farrell [Purchase]
What’s on your wishlist this week?
Find previous Fresh Batch posts here!