I’m excited to have the Waterfell blog tour stop by today. Amalie is here to tell us why everyone wants to be an Aquarathi – and it’s hilarious! – and we’ve also got some giveaways! Haven’t heard of Waterfell yet? Have a look:
Series: The Aquarathi #1
Genre: Paranormal, YA
Publication date: October 29th 2013
by Harlequin Teen
THE GIRL WHO WOULD BE QUEEN
Nerissa Marin hides among teens in her human form, waiting for the day she can claim her birthright—the undersea kingdom stolen from her the day her father was murdered. Blending in is her best weapon—until her father's betrayer confronts Nerissa and challenges her to a battle to the death on Nerissa's upcoming birthday—the day she comes of age.
Amid danger and the heartbreak of her missing mother, falling for a human boy is the last thing Nerissa should do. But Lo Seavon breaches her defenses and somehow becomes the only person she can count on to help her desperate search for her mother, a prisoner of Nerissa's mortal enemy. Is Lo the linchpin that might win Nerissa back her crown? Or will this mortal boy become the weakness that destroys her?
Guest Post by Amalie Howard
Ten reasons why everyone wants to be an Aquarathi
by Amalie Howard
- You can have the best of both worlds—you can live on land and underwater.
- You are at the top of the marine food chain. No kidding. You are the king of the underwater pride rock—the buffet is open.
- You can manipulate water in any form—technically called hydro-projection or glimmering. Think how handy that’ll be if you need to put a fire out.
- You look like an underwater dragon. Seriously, who wouldn’t want to be a gorgeous, lethal, fantastic underwater dragon?! Yeah, you know you want to flex that fantasy muscle.
- You can shape-shift into human form. Any human form. Move over, Gisele Bundchen.
- You are bioluminescent—totally cool because you’ll never need a nightlight.
- You have the power of mind suggestion. Get out of homework card, anyone?
- You live in an undersea world that no human has ever seen.
- You can surf or swim anywhere in the world without fear of shark attacks. They smell you coming … they swim in the opposite direction. Twilight surfing, yes please!
- Your senses are a hundred times more powerful than human ones. Imagine being able to sense things around you without seeing, hearing or touching them? Yeah, we’re talking alien ESP. No need to tell you how awesome that could be.
About the Author
AMALIE HOWARD grew up on a small Caribbean island where she spent most of her childhood with her nose buried in a book or being a tomboy running around barefoot, shimmying up mango trees and dreaming of adventure. Traveling the globe, she has worked as a research assistant, marketing representative, teen speaker and global sales executive. In between writing novels and indulging her love of reading, Amalie is also a books review editor for TheLoopNY, and blogs at amaliehoward.com.
This post is part of the Waterfell blog tour.
Monday, October 7th – Paranormal Romance Blog
Tuesday, October 8th – Nose Graze
Thursday, October 10th – The Artsy Reader Girl
Tuesday, October 15th – The Bookmark Blog
Thursday, October 17th – Good Choice Reading
Tuesday, October 22nd – Xpresso Reads
Thursday, October 24th – Fantasy is more Fun
Thanks to Harlequin Teen and Kismet Book Tours, you can enter to win a copy of Waterfell.
There is also a grand prize of a HarlequinTEEN Goodie Bag, all entries into the daily giveaways on each tour stop count towards the grand prize!
- Open to US and Canada only
- Full contest terms and conditions found on Rafflecopter