Happy New Year everyone! My hiatus was a nice break but I’m happy to be back blogging and refreshed for the new year. I’ve got some great posts planned for 2014, awesome events especially for my 3 year blogoversary in the fall, and I also may be getting a co-blogger which you all know and love already 😉 We’ll see if/when that happens! So today let’s check out Xpresso Reads’ 2013 highlights, exciting happenings you may have missed, and an awesome giveaway to kick off the new year in style!
- We introduced our new feature that me, Jenni (Alluring Reads), and Amy (Book Loving Mom) do together: Book Girls Don’t Cry… They Vent which we’ve had a lot of fun with bookish discussions and vents. It began as a weekly meme but now it’s more of a “whenever we feel like it”. We’re also always looking for topic ideas for this meme so if you have anything you’d like to see us discuss, vent on, or talk about you can leave your idea here!
- Along with Jenni (Alluring Reads), we organized our first giveaway hop for Cover Madness. We’ve done about 4 or 5 cover madness giveaways so far which are always a hit and get the most entries out of any giveaway I do, so we decided to do one as a hop. We’ll likely do another one in 2014 as well seeing as how much participation there was so you can look forward to that!
- I’ve had a few books I had to put down this year and DNF – which is always unfortunate. I don’t review DNF books fully but I do like to do round-up posts to explain why I DNFed them. This could help like-minded people decide if it’s a book they should skip or not. Missed them? Find my DNF round-up Part 1 here, and Part 2 here!
- My move to WordPress happened in July (which seemed like only a few weeks ago!) and it was the best decision I made this year! If you’re considering it it’s completely worth it and I recommend you contact the WP wiz, Ashley, to help you out. I posted about my move and how it all went down here if you want more info on that!
Major 2013 Highlights
I attended BEA for the first time this year – and will be going again in 2014 as well. I had a blast and it’s really an experience I will never forget! My recap post is here with all the fun and a few pictures. I hope to see a lot of you there in 2014!
Boston Blogger Meetup
Even though only a couple bloggers showed up I met my blogger soulmate (Book Loving Mom) so it was the shiz! I also go to visit Boston (a city that I will never ever drive into again O_O) which was awesome.
To kick off the New Year in style, I’m giving you all a chance to win one of my Top reads of 2013 which was listed yesterday in my Top Ten Tuesday post. If you missed it here’s the list:
- Open internationally (as long as The Book Depository ships to you)
- Giveaway ends January 15th, 2014
- Full contest terms and conditions found on Rafflecopter