I’ve got the lovely Chelsea Cameron on the blog today for her upcoming book’s blog tour. Read on for fun top 10 list along with a giveaway! 🙂 And in case you hadn’t heard of For Now yet, have a look at what it’s all about:
Two people. A relationship with no commitment. What could go wrong?
Javier Cruz definitely isn’t relationship material, but that suits Hazel Gellar just fine. She’s not a girlfriend girl and doesn’t plan on ever being one.
But after a mind-blowing, bed-breaking night, she knows once isn’t going to be enough. Fortunately, Javi feels the same way. And it's not just the sex. Javi is funny and complicated and Hazel loves being around him, even when he drives her nuts.
Will she and Javi make the choice to be together for longer than just right NOW? Or will their hangups about romance be the end?
Top 10 List with Chelsea M. Cameron
Top Ten Reasons Javier and Hazel Belong Together
1) He drives her crazy: “You’re disgusting,” I say, narrowing my eyes. “And I’m busy. Go find someone else to annoy with your presence.”
2) Chemistry, baby: We sit down and everything shifts. It feels so… domestic. Not like we’re married or anything, but almost like we’re a couple having dinner together like we do every night.
“So how was your day, dear?” Javi says, as if reading my mind.
“Crap. But it’s getting better.”
3) He knows how to treat her right:“Thank. You.”
Javi laughs and kisses the tip of my nose.
“You said that already. And you don’t have to thank me every time I make you come. I enjoy it almost as much as you do.”
4) He REALLY knows how to treat her right: “Well, it’s not often a guy can get me off twice in that short amount of time. You’ve clearly been practicing.” He runs a finger between my breasts and circles my navel, making my skin break out in goosebumps.
“All that practice, just for you,” he says.
5) She’s not afraid to tell him what she thinks: “And what about me? Do you trust me?”
That’s a more complicated answer.
“I want to. I do. But you have the power to break my heart. I gave you that power, but still. You scare me. The way I feel about you scares me.”
6) And he’s not afraid to say what’s on his mind: “You like to make yourself at home, don’t you?” I say, dumping the dustpan in the trash and then putting the broom away.
“Your place is nicer than mine. And my place doesn’t have you in it. So.”
7) THE BED: By now both of us are being quite loud and Javi is going so hard that my bed is banging against my wall. Then there’s a crack and suddenly we both fall a few feet.
I gasp and Javi curses.
“You broke my bed,” I say and Javi looks down at me. His eyes are dark and clouded. Takes him a moment to realize what’s just happened.
“I’ll buy you a new one,” he says and then resumes his activities.
8) They know how to laugh together: I come back and sit down and there’s a huge bite taken out of my tiramisu.
“You bastard. I trusted you,” I say with a glare. I pick up my butter knife and point it at him. “You’ve betrayed me, Javier Cruz, and I don’t take betrayal lightly.” He just gives me the innocent look.
“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” he says, but I wipe the side of his mouth with my finger.
“Yup. That doesn’t look like chocolate. How could you?” I keep my voice low, but I can feel people looking at me, like Javi and I are having a real fight. It’s kind of hilarious.
Javi plays along with me.
“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to do it. I swear, it will never happen again. This was the only time.” I brandish my knife and then grab my fork.
“The only way to solve this is a bite for a bite.” I take a giant scoop out of his piece of cake and shove it in my mouth.
“An eye for an eye leaves the whole world without cake,” he says and I nearly choke, but manage chew and swallow the massive bite of cake.
9) They can’t sleep without each other: The next thing I know my alarm is blaring and I’m waking up on Javi’s chest. He stayed the night. I don’t even remember falling asleep, but here we are on my bed, his shirt clutched in my hands, his arms around my back. I’ve never spent the night with a guy. Ever. As soon as the sex was over, I left, or I made them leave. Sleeping (actual sleep, not sex) was far too intimate. When you sleep, you are at your most vulnerable. I would have sex with a guy before I’d let him see what I looked like first thing in the morning.
10) They’re honest with each other: “Ready for bed?” he asks and I nod.
He gets up and leans down.
“Put your arms around my neck.” I do and he carries me to bed and gently sets me on the mattress.
“There’s nowhere I’d rather be than wherever you are,” he says. I love him so much it hurts. My entire body aches.
About the Author
Chelsea M. Cameron is a New York Times/USA Today Best Selling author from Maine. Lover of things random and ridiculous, Jane Austen/Charlotte and Emily Bronte Fangirl, red velvet cake enthusiast, obsessive tea drinker, vegetarian, former cheerleader and world’s worst video gamer. When not writing, she enjoys watching infomercials, singing in the car and tweeting (this one time, she was tweeted by Neil Gaiman). She has a degree in journalism from the University of Maine, Orono that she promptly abandoned to write about the people in her own head. More often than not, these people turn out to be just as weird as she is.
Cat Patrick is generously offering a $50 Amazon Gift Card for giveaway to one lucky winner!
Use the Rafflecopter below to enter: