This recommendation list is partially inspired by recent events and also something I’ve wanted to do for a while. It is definitely the bare-minimum (probably not even that, tbh) and we all need to be supporting our Muslim-identifying authors, friends and foe. So here is a list of some wonderful books/authors you should have on your TBRs and should be supporting!! It is by no means a thorough list and a much much MUCH better resource would be the Hijabi Librarians blog.
1. Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed
2. Saints and Misfits by S.K. Ali
3. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
4. Love, Hate and Other Filters by Samira Ahmed
5. Amina’s Voice by Hena Khan
6. Furthermore by…